Learning for Life
THE GENERAL STUDIES CURRICULUM
All learning areas from the Australian Curriculum are taught at St Joseph’s Catholic School. The Australian Curriculum frames our school's scope and sequence in subjects that include English, Mathematics, Science, Humanities and Social Sciences (HaSS), the Arts, Languages, Technologies and Health & Physical Education. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures, Asia and Australia’s Engagement with Asia and Sustainability is incorporated into the school curriculum from Kindergarten to Year Six.
At St Joseph’s Catholic School we take collective responsibility to:
- Guide each student in his/her discovery of a Christian way of living within the family of God.
- Ensure each student attains skills and knowledge required to continue to learn.
- Encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Provide equity and equal opportunity for all students.
- Provide a well-balanced curriculum which acknowledges and addresses the needs of students in a climate of social, cultural and technological change.
- Develop self confidence, self esteem and respect for others.
- Encourage students to learn cooperatively and to maintain a positive attitude towards learning.
Our curriculum delivery is supported by our investment in information technology. The School provides students Kindergarten to Year 6 with access to laptop computers and iPads to support their learning. All of our classrooms are equipped with an interactive whiteboard for use by our teaching staff.
We provide opportunities for families to meet with staff during Term One each year to provide them with information about their child's progress in their new year level. Further opportunities are also provided following the distribution of mid year and end of year reports.